Iglesia Ni Cristo Day in Valenzuela City
Manila, Philippines - There is an on-going proposal in the City of Valenzuela to make July 27 every year a NON-WORKING holiday in the whole city of Valenzuela. The proposed ordinance filed by Councilors Marlon Alejandrino and Ritchie Cuadra have already passed the first reading. I strongly urge the entrepreneurs, constituents and citizens of Valenzuela City to oppose this.
• Manila Bulletin: Iglesia Day
May I remind everyone that the political group of Iglesia Ni Cristo is the one who supported the failed attempt to defend the former Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez on her impeachment case in the House of Congress? (House Resolution No. 1089) Even the 2 Congressmen of Valenzuela, (Hon. Rexlon T. Gatchalian and Hon. Magtangol Gunigundo III) have defied and resisted the reported "involvement" of Iglesia Ni Cristo to drop the case of the former Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez.
The members of Congress listed according to their vote regarding the Ombudsman’s impeachment on March 22, 2011
Are the officials of Valenzuela City having disagreements on how to handle the presence of Iglesia Ni Cristo in politics?
• 2 Congressmen of Valenzuela (Hon. Rexlon T. Gatchalian and Hon. Magtangol Gunigundo III)
- They have defied and resisted the "hand" of Iglesia Ni Cristo to drop the case of the former Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez.in the House of Congress
• 2 Councilors of Valenzuela (Marlon Alejandrino and Ritchie Cuadra)
- filed an ordinance to give due respect to Iglesia Ni Cristo by giving INC members a NON-WORKING holiday
I can see that the membership of Iglesia Ni Cristo is decreasing on an alarming rate. The failed political endorsements of Iglesia Ni Cristo continues to embarrass the Manalo family. INC-endorsed Mar Roxas was defeated by Vice President Jejomar Binay. INC-endorsed Lito Atienza was defeated by Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim. The Alagad party-list had only 9,288 votes during the 2010 election in the City of Valenzuela (Alagad representative Rodante Marcoleta is an INC member).
• Iglesia Ni Cristo members are not that many.
• and besides, the INC endorsement during elections are believed to be based on surveys to ensure victory
• Valenzuela City is one of the few places in the Philippines that glorifies the political cult of Iglesia Ni Cristo
• The officials of the City of Valenzuela are basically young and I hope that they will listen to reasons that the political group of Iglesia Ni Cristo should not be treated specially above other religious groups and denominations.
• Iglesia Ni Cristo is a well known political ally of the Most Corrupt President, Gloria Arroyo. I am quite sure that our current Philippine president Noynoy Aquino will be not be happy to know that the City of Valenzuela will patronize or glorify the Iglesia Ni Cristo of the Manalo family.
• Valenzuela City is a fine and prosperous place to live and raise a family. I just hope it will not be ruined by the existence of the political cult of Iglesia Ni Cristo of the Manalo family. Some INC members are involved with different crimes such as rape and murder. Please beware of the Iglesia Ni Cristo.
• Iglesia Ni Cristo is a dangerous political group which members attacked the Malacanang palace during the violent anti-government protest of EDSA3. I suggest the officials of Valenzuela City to stay away and keep Valenzuela safe from Iglesia Ni Cristo. Fact: INC members were hurt and died in resisting the police and military officers during EDSA3.
Giving an EXTRA holiday to INC members is costly, specially to small to medium businesses.
Imagine the small to medium business establishments in Valenzuela that will be to "forced" to provide additional holidays. (Philippines is already one of the Asian countries who have the most numbers of holidays which hurts the economy and different business establishments) NON-WORKING HOLIDAY means NO WORK, LESS PRODUCTION and LESS PROFIT to business.
To all the entrepreneurs and citizens of Valenzuela City, I advise and urge you to oppose the proposed ordinance in making the 27th of July as a NON-WORKING holiday for Iglesia Ni Cristo. Inform the Valenzuela city officials about the atrocities of the Iglesia Ni Cristo in Philippine politics. INC is a strong political ally of the Most Corrupt President, Gloria Arroyo. We already have a new president, Noynoy Aquino. Let our voices be heard.
Resist the Iglesia Ni Cristo day in Valenzuela City.
Call the Valenzuela City officials:
Mayor. Hon. Sherwin T. Gatchalian
office number :(02) 292-0211 loc. 224 / (02)291-3069
fax number : (02) 292-9349 / (02)292-9168
email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Mayor Hon. Eric Morales Martinez
mobile number : +63907-4227539
office number : (02) 292-0211 loc. 222, 286 / (02) 292-2771
email address : email@example.com
Congressman Hon. Rexlon T. Gatchalian
office number : (02) 4434465
email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Congressman Hon. Magtangol Gunigundo III
office number :  291-1458